Regional transport: Lungau public buses
Environmentally-friendly and low-cost: public ski bus from town to town and mountain to mountain
Move around freely with public ski buses* in the following ski regions:
Ski pass LUNGAU ski region Ski pass LUNGO ski region
* Aineck-Katschberg * Aineck-Katschberg
* Grosseck-Speiereck * Grosseck-Speiereck
* Fanningberg * Fanningberg
You can find timetables in the official Lungau timetable book or visit our online timetable information.
*The ski pass provides access to alpine ski areas, and is also your bus ticket for roundtrip travel between your hotel to the ski areas of Aineck – Katschberg, Fanningberg, Grosseck-Speiereck and Obertauern. (this does not apply to group tickets)
- The length of validity for the lift ticket is identical with that of the bus pass. Skiers who don’t yet have a ski pass and are obviously headed to a ski area (only for skiing purposes), will be allowed on as a first-time passenger and will be able to use the bus during regular ski bus hours for free.
- Travel with our ski buses for free from your hotel to Aineck-Katschberg, Fanningberg, Grosseck-Speiereck, or Obertauern and back during lift operation hours from 8:00-6:00 pm with a valid lift ticket for the respective ski areas or with a Salzburg Super Ski Card and wearing your ski gear
- With a valid LUNGO ski pass, you will also be transported in regularly scheduled Lungau public buses during lift operation hours from 8:00-6:00 without restriction and throughout the entire Lungau area free of charge (e.g. for cross-country skiing, hiking, other recreational activities....)
Public ski buses for groups (fare required)
School, youth group and group tickets from all ski areas and all ticket alliances do not entitle the holder to free use of buses.
If your group does wish to also have use of buses included, this entitlement can be purchased along with the lift pass for an additional charge of € 6. Please show lift tickets to the driver automatically upon entering the bus.
Groups over 30 people are requested to register at the post bus office in Tamsweg, or at T +43 (0)6474 2213 or F +43 (0)6474 221317, or with the bus operators, so that transport to the desired ski area can be coordinated and guaranteed,
Our Top Ticket Offer
Our best year-round offer for (non-skiing) guests is our daily or weekly ticket. Accepted on buses and trains in the Lungau region .
- Lungau day ticket € 9.60
- Lungau weekly ticket € 23.40
(valid for one week on all buses in the Lungau region)
- Lungau cross-country combo ticket € 29.40
(includes the free bus*, use of cross-country trails and the trail pin)
Prices are subject to change in 2013!
Lungau Night Taxi
The Lungau night taxi brings you safely and inexpensively from your hotel
to your desired destination and back! T +43 (0)664 2404040
You can obtain timetable info at the tourist offices, from bus drivers,
and at the post bus office in Tamsweg, T +43 (0)6474 2213