in Salzburg's Lungau
At an elevation of around 1.000 meters, you'll find your base camp for an active vacation in Salzburg's Lungau. In summer, all you have to do is put on your hiking boots and head out for the summits and hill farms in the Riedingtal Nature Park in Zederhaus, Weißpriachtal, or in the Schladminger Tauern mountains.
Whether along paths steeped in legend or from one mountain tarn to the next, numerous huts and wonderful views invite you to pause and enjoy every precious moment. If you prefer to feel a bit more wind in your face, then hop onto the saddle of your bicycle, mountain bike or ebike. The region also promises other activities including climbing, paragliding, horseback riding and golf.
Holiday with the whole family
Family-friendliness plays an especially big role here in Salzburg's Lungau, where we come up with something new and exciting for all of our guests, big and small, every single day. Nestled amid an enchantingly beautiful mountain landscape with numerous tarns, babbling streams, meadows and forests, the Lungau offers children and adults recreation and adventure in every form.
- Hiking in Lungau Alpine Summer & Harvest Festival
- Hiking by cable car at Katschberg-Aineck, Grosseck-Speiereck, Fanningberg and Obertauern
- Mountain bike tours, family bike paths and leisurely cycling paths
- Austria's highest e-bike region with e-bikes to rent
- Marked Nordic Fitness tours
- First-class 18-hole golf course, 9-hole short course par 3, spacious practice facilities
- Holiday with the whole family
- Pilgrims & pilgrimages
- Lungau "Culinary Region"
- Arts & Culture
- UNESCO Biosphere Salzburg's Lungau