The Adventure Mountain in Mauterndorf and St. Michael
With outstanding elevations as high as 2,400 m above sea level, the Grosseck-Speiereck ski area offers reliable snow conditions from the end of November 2018 until the end of April 2019!
Grosseck-Speiereck "Adventure Mountain" is a family-friendly ski area that promises exceptional quality. You can set out to enjoy this exciting mountain either from Mauterndorf or St. Michael.
Beautifully groomed pistes as high as 2,400 m above sea level – including the magical, sunny valley run down to St. Michael (9 km long, 1,350 m drop in elevation), and the valley run to Mauterndorf (5.5 kilometers) – deep-snow hills, variety-packed slopes for all skill levels, and so much more.
- 50 kilometers of slopes
- 26 km blue hills
- 17 km red hills
- 7 km black hills
11 lifts total (excl. magic carpets)
- 3 ski and snowboard schools
- 8 cozy alpine huts and restaurants
- Elevation: 1100 to 2400 m
- Dates & Times: partial schedule from end of November until the end of April from 9 a.m.-4.30 p.m.
- 100 % snowmaking coverage on pistes
- Sled run (toboggans available for rent) and winter hiking path on the mountain at 2,000 meters above sea level
- Training piste at the "Petersbründllift" in St. Michael, ideal for race events and coaching of up-and-coming skiers
- Night skiing and air boarding at the practice lift in Mauterndorf
- NEW: Hiking and mountain air for non skiers
- Path of Legends, info boards alongside the valley piste towards Mauterndorf: Glide on skis or your snowboard through the fascinating world of Lungau legends.
- Illuminated winter hiking path from Mauterndorf village to the ski center (length 1.5 km)
- XC trail access right off the car park at Mauterndorf Ski Center, out towards Tweng
- Witch Forest-exciting children's ski path by the Stockerboden lift
- Smarty Kinderland in Mauterndorf and St. Michael, a special area separate from the rest of the ski area, equipped with conveyor lift, rope tow, fun children's chracters, an igloo, teepee and witch's house.
- Ski kindergarten for children ages two and up with lunchtime childcare
- 200 m indoor play area for kids with climbing tower, Crawl Corner, Mini Restaurant & kid's disco
- Every Tuesday: at 7 p.m. night skiing and airboarding at the practice lift in Mauterndorf
- Every Wednesday: from 5 until 8.30 p.m. ski tour from the Ski Center to the Grosseck (ski-touring gear incl. headlamp required).
- Every Friday: Ski-touring expedition from the St. Michael "Sonnenbahn" valley station to the Peterbaueralm from 5-8.30 p.m. (ski-touring gear incl. headlamp required).