"Dear Winter, we are looking forward to seeing you!" Enjoying the sun in deep snow-covered valleys,breathing in the healthy and tingling mountain air, admiring the Lungau nature enchanted by hoar frost and feeling the crunching snow under your skis - that's how winter in the Salzburg Lungau feels.
We don’t let the anticipation of dhe skiing vacationbe taken away
Away from the hustle and bustle, out of the city and into the snowy Lungau countryside. The southernmost part of the SalzburgerLand is located for the most part at over 1,000 meters above sea level. That's why winter is especially popular here, and why it stays a little longer than elsewhere. In combination with the most hours of sunshine in all of Austria, you'll find superbly groomed slopes, the width of which makes skiers' hearts beat faster. On a total of over 300 snow-guaranteed kilometers of slopes in the ski areas Katschberg, Grosseck-Speiereck, Fanningberg & Obertauern, the focus is on quality instead of quantity. Here not only the sporty downhill skiers get their money's worth, but especially family & pleasure skiers enjoy the freedom on the snow-assured slopes very much.
Not only skiing is possible in the Salzburg Lungau, the intact nature offers the best conditions to enjoy the winter in a sensitive way. Being real is a different way of getting to know the region, discovering and experiencing its advantages. On the one hand, the guests enjoy peace & harmony, the serenity of an authentic cultural landscape and feel lasting relaxation & recuperation. On the other hand, they discover unknown natural beauties during wonderful winter hikes and ski tours with great views, or they work off their energy during cross-country skiing.
One thing is certain, we in the Salzburg Lungau will not let the anticipation of wonderful skiing days with the winter sun on our necks be spoiled and will take all necessary measures to offer our guests an unforgettable and above all safe skiing vacation - so nothing stands in the way of a top-class and first-rate risk-free winter season 2020/2021.
The following should be considered in the ski vacation
- In all means of transport, i.e. in the ski bus, cable cars and chair lifts etc., as well as in the ticket office & cable car area, the mouth and nose protector must be worn (on the slopes it is not necessary to wear the mouth and nose protector).
- Skiers are continuously informed of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements
- Disinfection facilities are available in the toilet facilities and at other points in all ski areas
- The lifts (gondolas, chair lifts) are regularly disinfected and ventilated
- The employees of all cable car companies are trained in the best possible way in the Corona safety measures
You can find all information about different topics around the coronavirus on the website of the Austrian Ministry of Health!