Weisspriachtal is one of the most beautiful side valleys in Lungau. Home to the Longa mountain river and Wirpitschsee tarn, Weisspriach was chosen by viewers of the Austrian TV show "9 Plätze 9 Schätze" as the most beautiful spot in Salzburg and the third most beautiful location in all of Austria.
The landscapes of Weisspriachtal combine steep, rugged summits with gentle countryside. Which means, you are always certain to find the perfect route for your holiday excursions: from leisurely strolls along level gravel paths flanked by alpine pastures in the upper valley, to adventurous mountain ascents. In winter, too, the landscapes here have to be seen to be believed. Weisspriach, with the Fanningberg ski area, is the ideal destination for a relaxed winter getaway!
"Nature doesn't have to exert itself to be important. It already is." - Robert Walser
The cold and crystal clear mountain water flows slowly in the untouched nature of the beautiful Weißpriachtal, which is an excellent habitat for native brown and rainbow trout as well as char and grayling. Especially nature lovers and recreation-seeking fishermen will find peace and wonderful relaxation in harmony with nature at this stream in Weißpriach.
- Length: 5 km
- Fish species: brown trout, rainbow trout, char, grayling
- Fishing season: 01 June to 31 October
- Fishing hours: Sunrise to sunset
- Fishing style: exclusively fly fishing with a gentle hook
- Fish taking: 4 fish may be taken per day
- Parking: It is requested not to park on private property along the fishing water and not to block driveways.