Salzburger Lungau was seemingly created for bike tours. Not least thanks to a combination of wide, open valley floors and many magical side valleys.
Here you find the most hours of sunshine in all of Austria, an outstandingly signposted network of routes and a wide variety of options both for laid-back E-bike excursions and family tours together with the famous Murradweg. Sportier bikers can look forward to 17 mountain bike routes as well as the Lungau EXTREM tour as an absolute highlight.
"Salzburger Lungau takes two-wheeling adventures to a whole new high"
The Biker Code
Notice for use of forestry roads: usage permitted from 1 June to 15 September between 9.00 AM and 7.00 PM and from 16 September to 31 October between 9.00 AM and 5.00 PM (European Summer Time).
- Only ride on designated marked routes.
- Forestry roads are used commercially. Expect to encounter lumber on the road, grazing cattle and motor vehicles.
- Keep your eyes open for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Reduce your speed at hazardous locations and wherever visibility is restricted.
- Biking is only permitted on bicycles that are appropriately equipped (as defined in the Austrian Rules of the Road StVO) and suited for the route in question. Children up to 12 years of age must wear appropriate protective equipment when biking, including a helmet as specified in the StVO.