Especially in recent years, a lot has been done in Salzburg’s Lungau to create an optimal range of signposted mountain bike tours for every taste.
Approximately 480 kilometers of marked mountain bike trails with a total of 17 routes - from leisurely valley tours to challenging tours toward the summit - await cyclists here.
"The Salzburg Lungau is predestined for all-round successful mountain bike tours"
The Biker Code
Notice for use of forestry roads: usage permitted from 1 June to 15 September between 9.00 AM and 7.00 PM and from 16 September to 31 October between 9.00 AM and 5.00 PM (European Summer Time).
- Only ride on designated marked routes.
- Forestry roads are used commercially. Expect to encounter lumber on the road, grazing cattle and motor vehicles.
- Keep your eyes open for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Reduce your speed at hazardous locations and wherever visibility is restricted.
- Biking is only permitted on bicycles that are appropriately equipped (as defined in the Austrian Rules of the Road StVO) and suited for the route in question. Children up to 12 years of age must wear appropriate protective equipment when biking, including a helmet as specified in the StVO.
The crowning glory of the offer is the Lungau Extreme Marathon.
With a length of 166.8 kilometers and with more than 6.060 meters of altitude difference, it leads from Tamsweg via Göriach and St. Michael, up to the Katschberg and finally back via St. Michael. For experienced bikers, this is a varied tour of three to four days, which can be optimally booked as an arrangement with luggage service, half board and packed lunch.
The mountain bike and bicycle map of Salzburg's Lungau region contains tour descriptions, maps and elevation profiles for each of the 17 varied mountain bike trails, as well as a separate description of the Lungau EXTREM.
At the back of the brochure is a folding map with information on everything to do with cycling, pleasure biking, bike rental and service points, excursion possibilities along the various cycle paths, bike events and much more.
You are welcome to order this brochure free of charge to your home.